WTB:Inner panel behind windshield for 1997/98 XJ600 Seca II Diversion

Post items for sale, look for parts, or share good deals.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are automatically deleted after 45-days. For Sale items should include a description, photo and price. When posting in this section, please include the type of post in the title: FS (For Sale), WTB (Wanted to Buy), PIF (Pay it Forward) and GD (Good Deal). Posts without this information will be deleted.
TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:44 am

Hello all, after removing & reinstalling my fairing last night to install my LED Headlight, I've got to be more careful working at night with poor lighting :( , anyhow I cracked and broke part of the inner panel behind the windshield right where the left side middle windshield mounting screw is at. I lost the well nut but did found the windshield mounting screw. Here's the link to the #18 part over on BikeBandit to give you an idea of what it looks like. Same part on '97 & 98 US model years and probably up to 2003 or end of model in other countries.
Thanks, Anthony Bailey
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:36 am

Good luck, Tony. Those are rare. '97 and '98 are the same, if you find either. BTW, I think its made out of ABS if you want to try and repair it using the ABS repair method.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=666

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:29 am

Wow, you know I didn't even think about just repairing it. I don't have the broken pieces anymore, though.

I've bought that black ABS cement that you had recommended and it works great. I just re-installed the panel and it's working fine with the new windshield well-nuts and bolts. I seen one in good shape on eBay awhile back and thought that's neat, maybe I ought to buy that just in case I need it sometime, apparently someone else had the same idea as it sold quickly.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us