1993 with many upgrades winter project

Post items for sale, look for parts, or share good deals.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are automatically deleted after 45-days. For Sale items should include a description, photo and price. When posting in this section, please include the type of post in the title: FS (For Sale), WTB (Wanted to Buy), PIF (Pay it Forward) and GD (Good Deal). Posts without this information will be deleted.
Ilovewvmountains
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Harpers Ferry WV
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1993 Yamaha XJ600, 1999 Suzuki DR650SE

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:03 am

The good, it has 13,000 miles, the starter idler gear has been replaced / upgraded to the new style with all new OEM Yamaha seals in the engine, new x ring chain and factory OEM sprockets, Renthal bars, Z1000 master cylinder and clutch perch / levers, new EBC clutch and springs, timing advance rotor which makes it easier to start and increases the power range, Yoshimura 4-1 muffler which is not at all loud, actually sounds really good but does have some minor scratches on it. The bike has had the popular FZR600 upgrade including forks, wheels and brakes front and rear from a 97 that had 6,000 miles on it with all new EBC brake pads and a braided line, good Pirelli tires, new fuel pump, carburetor input boots and petcock, carburetors were ultrasonic cleaned and new Viton seals used, all new cables, grips, Napoleon bar end mirrors, custom seat cover 1994+ upper, screen and gauge setup ETC. It starts right up, runs like a top once it warms up. I also have an FZ6 rear shock for it that I never installed, I was waiting to do the frame swap... more about that now! When I bought it, it had a bad starter clutch gear, in the time that it took me to rebuild it and build it in to what it is now I misplaced the title, I've searched my shop no less than 15 times top to bottom. I ended up buying a complete frame from Showtime Power Sports in York PA that has a clear title in my name. I just have not had time to paint the new frame and swap everything over to it "its red". I'm asking $900 firm it, take a look let me know, I'm an hour or so from DC. My plan was to build the bike into the European version, the XJ600N which is the naked version with a round headlight while swapping everything over to the titled frame, I just don't have time and would love to see this bike go to an XJ or Yamaha enthusiast. My price is firm, I have a lot more than that in it. I have the factory wheels, forks, upper ETC as well that can go with it if you want them.

I hate to sell it but I just don't ride it and Id rather have it go to someone that will enjoy it.

Link to my folder with more pictures can be found here.

http://xjrider.com/chevereto/ilovewvmountains

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto