Miss fire

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
bettyswolloks
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey all. If I start her up on a normal day, she's fine, choke on, set off, no miss.

If I start her up after it's been raining/really cold, she has a miss. Choke on, set off, miss fire, few miles down the road she evens out on a low steady throttle, but try and rev it, miss fire. I'd say 6/7 miles in and she will behave. Yes I'm slowly taking the choke off. But full choke, no choke or half choke it's the same.

If I set off on a normal day, and get caught in a down pour it's the same, after a few miles it clears up.

Plugs are recent, changing them made no difference. I've been through all the block connectors, checked the plug caps and leads, all good, nice connection between lead and cap. I can leave her running and power wash it and its all good, she doesn't cut out or miss fire, untill I set off, then it's like I've been caught in a down pour again.

To me it like a plugs breaking up under pressure, but then it clears up and can take a good hand full under load in 5th no problem.

Any ideas Folks?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login