Bike has die can you help me save her?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Slawenm
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So last night while out riding I had a short with the two thick wirings from the ignition switch RED and a Brown colour, I bought the switch second hand and person before me had hack and cut into it to extend its wires by looks of it.

Anyway it blew my ignition and main fuse I carry spares so this is fine I was miles from home so I found a store that had some insulation tape I made sure the copper inner wires were connected up (Twist method) and recovered them with lots of tape (just to try make it home). I then swapped the fuses and I got all electric back again EVERYthing seems to work however when I press the starter button nothing not even a click bang or pop the oil light level comes on as normal but nothing.

I got the bike recovered and thinking maybe my spare fuses were duds I bought some brand new ones and swapped em in still nothing.

Does anybody know of something that might have tripped out due to a short through the ignition?

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login