Creamy Oil Advice please.

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Slawenm
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Howdy

So I bought an Xj600 that had sat for 10 years rescued the thing put it back onto the road I had to buy and replace lots of different parts.

I've personally put about 4000 or more miles on the bike now it runs and rides FINE HOWEVER

The problem I'm having is no matter what type of oil I'm putting into the bike within a few months I get a creamy build up, when I remove the oil filler cap is a nasty thick cream inside the clutch casing cover, I removed it to replace my clutch plates and thrust bearing/washer 3 months ago and the inside of the cover was caked in the stuff. I was running some cheap 10w40 semi oil.

I flushed the engine through with some new cheap fresh 10w40 oil put 8lt through it changed oil filter and put more expensive castrol 10w40 fully synthetic oil in that I have used on my GSXR for years with no issues.

So today I decide to top up my oil and upon removing oil filler cap I see the dreaded cream again now I know this is an issue with water and oil mixing together a friend told me its because the engine aint getting hot engine to burn off the water vapour inside the engine from the cold weather. No bike I have ever owned has had this sort of problem before. I'm assuming its something to do with that engine vent tubing going from top of the clutch cover housing into the bottom of the airbox as I noticed this has some creamy slime inside it too?

Okay I'm going on now I'm wondering if any other ridings have had this issue and if so is there a fix?

Oh and a quick edit because of this engine cream and me worrying bout it doing damage by blocking oil passages in 4000 miles its had FIVE oil and filters changes

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login