Broken Pin on Loom Connector

Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, etc.
Seca-Seca!
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region:: Missouri
Motorcycles:: '98 XJ600s Seca II

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Hey guys,

I managed to pull a terminal off of one of the wires in the loom. I believe it belongs to the bunch of wires which lock into the connector for the igniter unit. I was going through the loom to clean off corrosion and cover the connections in grease, then broke this one off. The exposed wire that is left on the loom is a little corroded, so I'll just pretend it was compromised before hand ;)

I can't find anything quite like it locally or online:

It has a more square shape than any terminals I've seen online, and also has a cutout to lock into the connector. Can I just use a more standard terminal and maybe cut a slot in the back to lock it into the connector? Or does anyone have a source for the right terminals online?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Ollyrag
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region:: Kent, UK
Motorcycles:: xj600N 1998
Great Britain

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:50 pm

Try this guy, think he is in US. joe@cycleterminal.com
Looks a good site

Cycle Terminal
Japanese Wiring Terminals, Connectors,Kits and Supplies

Good luck
It's not how old you are, It's how you are old.
Seca-Seca!
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:20 am

Ollyrag wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:50 pm
Try this guy, think he is in US. joe@cycleterminal.com
Looks a good site

Cycle Terminal
Japanese Wiring Terminals, Connectors,Kits and Supplies

Good luck
Thanks! I did contact Joe yesterday and he hooked me up pretty quickly. He knows his stuff.

For future reference, the terminals are available from http://www.newark.com. Just search for Newark part number 90B3324 or the manufacturer part number 172774-1.

I've ordered a few so I'll be sure to post on how these terminals work out.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Seca-Seca!
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:32 am

I received these terminals fairly quickly from the supplier mentioned above, and they were indeed a perfect match.

I was able to get a good crimp with a ratcheting crimp tool, but I had to pre-bend the large tangs which crimp into and grip the insulation to get them to fit in the die of the tool. I'm not sure if there is a special tool for these particular terminals, but I got it to work anyway ;).

I would recommend contacting Joe at Cycle Terminal if you ever have any wiring projects, he was very helpful and quick to respond to email.
Ollyrag
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region:: Kent, UK
Motorcycles:: xj600N 1998
Great Britain

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:35 am

Thumbs-up-graphic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's not how old you are, It's how you are old.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us