Overheating? Turns over but dies

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
HowDoICarbs
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey guys. Today i went on a little ride and was gone for maybe an hour. It was very hot today around 114 maybe hotter on the roads. My seca handled it great never died or stalled, but i went probably 20 miles or less. I got home and put her to sleep in the garage. 30 mins later i needed to go out again so i went to start her. I figured it was still warm so i just started it with no choke and shes came right to life with some throttle applied. Ran for maybe 6 seconds then died. So i assumed maybe it needed the choke on, gave it full- open choke for about 5 seconds because it was revving pretty high so i pushed it in halfway and the bike died instantly. So i tried again full choke let it run and she just sputtered out.After that it was apparent i wasnt going anywhere anytime soon. Any ideas what caused this? I have about a half tank of gas, I just topped off the oil last friday. I decided to let her sit and cooldown because that engine is hot, but im really hoping that its just the heat not something bigger!
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login