Fuel coming out of a muffler

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Giuan
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello everyone!
As I was trying to resolve a fuel supplyissue, consisting in the engine running rich, I bought a cheap fuel pump to see if I could notice any improvement.
After being done installing it, I set the fuel screw to 2 turns out as stated in the manual and I started the engine; I felt like it was idling slower than usual and It could barely tick over. As soon as I took a look at the ground I saw a puddle. It didn't smell like gasoline but it was very liquid.
I was in the street so I didn't know if it was already there: I started the engine again and I noticed that it was coming out of my right muffler! Each muffler has a tiny hole at the bottom: that's where the fuel is coming from :cry:
I immediately put the old fuel pump back, thinking that the new was causing too much pressure, but even with the old one is the same story now.
I used the bike yesterday and I didn't notice anything like this.
What could possibly be causing an issue to bad?

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login