Adding a wiring circuit.

Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, etc.
Peregrine
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Salem, OR
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 Seca 2

Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:05 pm

I picked up a cheapie trunk off amazon that's worked out well. I decided to add some LEDs (12 led tape so about 50 extra mA) under the reflector on the trunk to add a additional brake light. I also decided I wanted to wire in a usb charging port in the trunk so I can throw the phone in there when I forget to charge it before a long ride. I wired straight to the battery but I would prefer to wire it in to a switched circuit. I thought about adding a relay to break the positive and having the relay triggered off one of the existing circuits, but I don't want to get too exotic before I get advice since I also considered making an Arduino controller that could switch the circuits off depending on the bike's state (either on/off, or on till voltage hit a certain threshold and then it kills circuits to prevent draining the battery too far). When I thought about the Arduino I realized I was maybe getting to exotic so coming here first.

What suggestions would work for what I am attempting?

pufferfis
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Singapore
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 Yamaha Seca 2,05 Suzuki GSF650,07 Raider150
Singapore

Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:24 am

You could go to the consult the manual.. then Guides and How tos.... then Electrical, Lighting and Ignition then look for the second column how to wire an accessory fuse block.
its super comprehensive complete with pictures that even a total noob like me can follow, can adapt to other bikes too... cheers

Peregrine
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Salem, OR
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 Seca 2

Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Perfect, just what I needed.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery