head light bulb

Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, etc.
TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Here's the video from their page with info about the one that fits our Seca II. Their led mimics the filaments from the H4 bulb and doesn't have an external driver/resistor box like the ones in the previous video.
https://youtu.be/t3jHvGeUxbo
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

draco751
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Region or State: Orlando, FL
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 93 SECA II

Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:24 pm

TonyKZ1 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:00 pm
Here's the video from their page with info about the one that fits our Seca II. Their led mimics the filaments from the H4 bulb and doesn't have an external driver/resistor box like the ones in the previous video.
Looks super similar to one they mention in my previous linked video at 26:48. Granted I think they're testing with a 9007 not a 9003 so there's a 2 Philips LED difference there. I'm glad to see newer styles are forcing designs to have a more true to filament style, it's definitely something to look out for.

Like pictured here:

I'm looking forward to my GTR bulb to arrive so I can do a good comparison and have a nice write up posted here for others.

Edit: Here's another clip I found at 3:06 where they compare that one with a couple others, it looks like it performs a tad higher than halogen in their testing, a bulb or two after that though is where they show the GTR bulb I've got on the way. Super excited to see how it turns out when it arrives for this style bulb we have (H4/9003) and how it works with our light housing.
If I only had an hour to live I would spend it at work, because in there an hour feels like an eternity.

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm

Sounds great! Yeah, I'm glad to see the LED bulbs' technology progressing too. Especially when they make it simulate an H4 so that it can easily replace the halogen bulb without blinding the oncoming drivers. Oh and by the way, on those bulbs, they only work correctly one way, the way you're showing in that picture. When I installed mine, I was kinda disappointed when I didn't get the results others did. Then a co-worker pointed out that it's upside down. Doh, It worked much better after installing correctly.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93