Can't get Cyl 3 above 350° & fuel in vac line

All the work you do in the workshop. Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, customizing, etc.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II

Re: Can't get Cyl 3 above 350° & fuel in vac line

Post by radare » Wed May 31, 2017 11:46 pm

mvk24 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 7:53 pm
radare wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 1:23 pm
Search eBay or Amazon using the p/n.
Any chance you have that part number off hand
I'll do you one better. I'll teach you to fiche :)

This is the link to Yamaha's Fiche page. The same link is available on The Wall:

https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalo ... street-mcy

Select your year and then Seca II - XJ600SE from the drop-down list.

Under diagram, select 'Fuel Tank, Non California Model'. It'll bring up the p/n's for the fuel tank related components. The petcock is item #20. The P/N is 4BP-24500-00-00. Yamaha calls it a Fuel Cock Assembly.

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II

Post by radare » Wed May 31, 2017 11:50 pm

mvk24
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: New York
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 yamaha xj600

Post by mvk24 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:13 am

radare wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 11:46 pm
mvk24 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 7:53 pm
radare wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 1:23 pm
Search eBay or Amazon using the p/n.
Any chance you have that part number off hand
I'll do you one better. I'll teach you to fiche :)

This is the link to Yamaha's Fiche page. The same link is available on The Wall:

https://www.shopyamaha.com/parts-catalo ... street-mcy

Select your year and then Seca II - XJ600SE from the drop-down list.

Under diagram, select 'Fuel Tank, Non California Model'. It'll bring up the p/n's for the fuel tank related components. The petcock is item #20. The P/N is 4BP-24500-00-00. Yamaha calls it a Fuel Cock Assembly.
You the man Radare!

mvk24
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: New York
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 yamaha xj600

Post by mvk24 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:39 am

radare wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 9:15 pm
Sorry, I went off on a big tangent. Thanks Jimbo for reeling me back in. No, don't change your float heights. Just check them wet and see if they are all the same. Target is 6mm below the line.
So on the way home from work in the Hamptons (30 minute ride at highway speed) I'm noticing the bike is sputtering or lagging above 6k RPMs at highway speed. Not noticing any lag first 3 gears or so but after about 55mph and 5th or 6 th gear there's a lag/delay over 6k like it doesn't wanna go faster due to lack of fuel or air.

So I pulled the Airbox off to take a look around. The carb slides are wet and just above them where the intake boots for the Airbox are wet also with gas. So the fuel that's gurgling through vac line must be getting to the diaphrams and such. (New petcock is supposed to be here today so hopefully remedy that)

while I'm at it I took the vac caps off each port in the front of the carbs 1 and 2 (for the charcoal emissions canister) because I realized there would normally be a hose between the 2 and a fitting in the center for the canister. So they were both sealed instead of connected to each other (not sure the effects of that but I'm gonna put a single hose to connect the 2 ports now).

Finally I checked the wet heights and they all seem to be even and about where the line is. I took photos of each height I'll try to upload them with this. Also the fuel was nice and clean in the bowls.

Being that fuel has gotten to the slides and diaphram from the bad petcock should I be opening them up and washing them off somehow or hitting them with a rubber rejuvenate or something?

Does it sound like I'm heading in the right direction at all here?

Sidenote my left forkseal is leaking slightly so I'm gonna try that Motion pro Sealmate tool and make a little thread with the results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.