"Experimental" Parts

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
SpeedRacerOnline
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Buyin' the Goods, Online!

- Most of us are generally looking for the best balance between quality and value when it comes time to replace a part. There's a lot of options out there for practically every part.

- There's O.E. parts, that are usually great quality, but very expensive (if even still available).
- There's the "tried-and-true" parts that everyone say are the best deal; great quality at a fair price.
- There's lots of "el-cheapos" that claim to be as-good-or-better than O.E. for a fraction of the price, that turn out to be a fraction of the quality, too.

- However, there's almost always one or two special deals; parts that are ridiculously cheap, and turn out to be very good quality. In order to find these special deals, somebody has to be the "guinea pig" and try them out. That's what this thread is all about.

- For those of us brave (or foolish) enough to take the risk on these "experimental" parts, I thought I'd make a place for us to report to everyone else on our successes and failures. If we actually can find a better deal, let's share it with everyone else. Likewise, let's use this to warn everyone of things to definitely stay away from.

- When you try a new part ("new" meaning a particular part that it seems nobody has reported on before), post it up here (with pics and links preferred) right away. Then, come back and edit your post later when you've had a chance to really test the part out, and tell us your recommendations.

- Let's help each other save a buck or two, and at the same time, help some small companies making good parts for good prices!
"I want to drive. I want to feel all of it: freedom, wind, curves, feedback, acceleration, unsteadiness, fear, joy... I don't want to ride. I want to drive."
- Speed's XJ Journal

This topic has 57 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login