"Experimental" Parts

All the work you do in the workshop. Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, customizing, etc.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II

Re: "Experimental" Parts

Post by radare » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:23 am

SpeedRacerOnline wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm
*Update*

I just posted an important *4,000 Mile Update* to Volar Motorsport O-Ring Chain and [JT] Sprocket Kit. This one is definitely worth checking out.
Too bad, Speed. Really hoping to see this one go longer than 4k miles. Especially given the budget of most Seca II owners, it sucks to lose a viable option for chain replacement.

webman94
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: arizona
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha Seca II

Post by webman94 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:53 pm

mikee112 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:04 pm
Well my Chinese Levers came in the mail today ( Delivery was estimated 4th to 20th July ) so got them on the first day of estimated delivery, that was 16 days from date of order... so not too bad
Anyway when I got home from work I fitted them... very nice Quality ( as speedraceronline said )
clutch lever has a bit of up and down movement but could easily be fixed with a thin washer or shim, apart from that I'm very pleased :)

BEFORE :

AFTER :
Please keep us in the loop on how the silver levers hold up. I may want to get some for my bike, especially at these prices!

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n

Post by mikee112 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:37 pm

webman94 wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:53 pm
mikee112 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:04 pm
Well my Chinese Levers came in the mail today ( Delivery was estimated 4th to 20th July ) so got them on the first day of estimated delivery, that was 16 days from date of order... so not too bad
Anyway when I got home from work I fitted them... very nice Quality ( as speedraceronline said )
clutch lever has a bit of up and down movement but could easily be fixed with a thin washer or shim, apart from that I'm very pleased :)

BEFORE :

AFTER :
Please keep us in the loop on how the silver levers hold up. I may want to get some for my bike, especially at these prices!
Exactly a year ( to the day, 4th July ) since I fitted my levers Webman, and they still look as good as new
Having said that I only ride my bike for fun at the Weekends, it's not my daily driver and almost never gets parked out side for any length of time so is not exposed to the Sun or to the rain.... I'm very pleased with them, but like I said they really haven't had a hard life :)