"Experimental" Parts

Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, etc.
Jbeer73
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha diversion XJ600s
Netherlands

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:10 am

SpeedRacerOnline wrote:*Update*

- I just updated the original review of the eBay handles with more information, including color options!

Black CNC Short [Adjustable] Brake [&] Clutch Handle Lever Set Yamaha XJ 900/600S Diversion 95-03
I ordered these too :thumbsup: . Realy like the look and gives the 600 a more modern feel.
Could use a how to on fitting them though ;)

RDC
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Southern California
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '94 Seca II (Blue) & '97 Seca II (Red)

Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:27 am

SpeedRacerOnline wrote:I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I ended up borrowing a clip master from my dad to get the chain on. Then, I rode to my local shop and paid the guy $5 to rivet the regular master on for me. Easy-peasy. :thumbsup:
I ended up ordering a JT Sprockets/JT Chain kit for $90 off eBay with a clip master in it
Will review when received

SonnyB
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Georgia
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 Yamaha xj600 SECAII

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:39 pm

- I just updated the original review of the eBay handles with more information, including color options!

Black CNC Short [Adjustable] Brake [&] Clutch Handle Lever Set Yamaha XJ 900/600S Diversion 95-03
I just ordered me a pair of them. I made a best offer of $18.00 to see what kind of response I would get. I got a counter offer of $19.50

Thanks for the review.

Seca Guy
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Region or State: Reseda California
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1996 xj600 Seca II

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Jbeer73 wrote:

I ordered these too :thumbsup: . Realy like the look and gives the 600 a more modern feel.
Could use a how to on fitting them though ;)
I ordered these, shipping was super fast the price was right and I love them. Installation is super easy and they look great. This is a great company.
4 Wheels drive your body, 2 Wheels drive your soul

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:41 am

Ordered a pair last week, estimated shipping time to the UK 3 to 5 weeks :o

Jbeer73
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha diversion XJ600s
Netherlands

Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:50 am

mikee112 wrote:Ordered a pair last week, estimated shipping time to the UK 3 to 5 weeks :o
Ordered mine june 16 and recieved them june 22. Really fast delivery to the netherlands! Estimated delivery was also 3-5 weeks, so there is still hope you receive them sooner :)

Put them on my bike yesterday. She looks soooo much nicer now :thumbsup:

Nelsonmd
FAQ Moderator
FAQ Moderator
Region or State: New England
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 XJ600S; 2002 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:29 am

SpeedRacerOnline wrote:Image
So these levers I believe are made by 1 company in China (or using the same process), and sold under tons of different badges and retailers. I bought an identical set from the2wheels.com several years ago, and here's my review of them. The quality is OK, the paint fades badly, they wear fairly bad, and they don't have great tolerances. BUT, they are dirt cheap compared to the name brand aftermarket levers, and I'd probably buy them again, though I think their prices has gone up at many retailers since I bought mine.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=191&start=30#p19534

There may be different anodizers now, or multiple suppliers, but I'd guess my results are pretty typical of these levers no matter who you get them from.
NelsonMD's 92 XJ600 Project Thread

M̶y̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶:̶ I don't love her so much anymore... NelsonMD's 4Runner Build Thread

New (primary) ride: 2002 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:04 pm

Well my Chinese Levers came in the mail today ( Delivery was estimated 4th to 20th July ) so got them on the first day of estimated delivery, that was 16 days from date of order... so not too bad
Anyway when I got home from work I fitted them... very nice Quality ( as speedraceronline said )
clutch lever has a bit of up and down movement but could easily be fixed with a thin washer or shim, apart from that I'm very pleased :)

BEFORE :

AFTER :

SpeedRacerOnline
Buyin' the Goods, Online!
Region or State: Michigan
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 & '93 Yamaha XJ600S, '74 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
United States of America

Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:44 am

*Updates*

I just posted a *2-1/2 Year (plus) Update* to Volar Motorsport O-Ring Chain and [JT] Sprocket Kit.

I also posted a *2-1/2 Year (plus) Update* to Chrome Battery Chrome Pro Series iGel YTX9-BS Battery.

And, there's a *9-Month Update* to Black CNC Short [Adjustable] Brake [&] Clutch Handle Lever Set Yamaha XJ 900/600S Diversion 95-03.
"I want to drive. I want to feel all of it: freedom, wind, curves, feedback, acceleration, unsteadiness, fear, joy... I don't want to ride. I want to drive."
- Speed's XJ Journal

SpeedRacerOnline
Region or State: Michigan
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 & '93 Yamaha XJ600S, '74 Suzuki TS185 Sierra
United States of America

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm

*Update*

I just posted an important *4,000 Mile Update* to Volar Motorsport O-Ring Chain and [JT] Sprocket Kit. This one is definitely worth checking out.
"I want to drive. I want to feel all of it: freedom, wind, curves, feedback, acceleration, unsteadiness, fear, joy... I don't want to ride. I want to drive."
- Speed's XJ Journal

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto