Oil Drain Plug

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
sublemon
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So lately I've been noticing a bit of oil leaking from the drain bolt and figured I needed to give it a good tightening and that I did. While pressing down on the allen wrench I got it to twist a good quarter turn which seemed rather drastic to me but I was not overly worried...this morning though that changed. While letting my bike warm up I noticed I was leaking a steady stream of oil so I grabbed the wrench and tried again. Sadly the head of the bold came off and oil started going everywhere. I can still get the bolt out(it appears the indention for the allen wrench is part of the bolt and head so that's all good), but what can I do about replacing the bolt. I've been looking online for a replacement or maybe something that lowes might carry that will work but haven't had any luck. Are these plugs universal? Am I cutting down my searches because I'm looking for "XJ600 Drain Plugs" when I should be looking up "Drain Plugs"?
One of the problems has to do with the speed of light and the difficulties involved in trying to exceed it. You can't. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-HHG

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login