MichaelX's maintainance

Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, etc.
MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region:: Romania
Motorcycles:: 1997 YAMAHA XJ 600 N
Romania

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Just finished changing my clutch cable, finally :) . Was about to not change it at all but i thought of seeing how it was with it and wow what a change! My clutch now works allot better and smoother. Also i had a bad up and down freeplay at the lever so i grinded a washer and smoothen the lever a bit and now i have almost no movement only the good one. Oh and i think this cable is 2-3 cm longer than stock.
1997 XJ600N Diversion
-(rusted inside)Marving Master 4 in 2 exhaust system
-DID X-Ring Chain 520 VX-Gold 110 Link
-Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips
MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region:: Romania
Motorcycles:: 1997 YAMAHA XJ 600 N
Romania

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 am

A small update:
In late 2017 i took the XJ to a guy in my town for a carb clean and sync. 75$ and 3 days later the bike was running awesome, so i took it on a few longer trips.
During a trip i noticed something is wrong, like no more accelerating and very noisy. I was 200km from home and bike was barely running on 3 cylinders. The 2nd one wasn't firing, only sometimes. So i ran the bike 200km home like this. It turned out the sparkplug wire coroded and broke at the coil. Also number1 cyl sparkplug wire was mended with a bit of a bolt stuck in the cable and taped together and i was not geting good spark on it. I got it fixed but had to put the bike in storage because i started building a woodshed and covered my back terrace and that took thill it was too cold to ride anymore. Its been 4 months now since i started the bike, but it started at 2nd crank and its still smooth running! I wasnt sure about taking it to someone to fix/tune it but i dint have time and this guy was the only mechanic i saw working with the bikes book in front! No mechanics around here do that. Now its still cold and cant ride but only 2-3 months left of this winter and im going on trips, i even got a new camera that takes some good pictures.
Also i bought an suzuki freewind for 670euros, it has a bend handlebar or something because its not going straight , i want to strip it down and making it a project for some dualsport riding like a scrambler (radare's fault and his awesome scrambler! :)) I will make a new tread on that soon, maybe someone can help me build it :)
1997 XJ600N Diversion
-(rusted inside)Marving Master 4 in 2 exhaust system
-DID X-Ring Chain 520 VX-Gold 110 Link
-Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips
MattP
Formerly spr1
Region:: Silesia
Motorcycles:: 1996 XJ 600 Diversion
Poland

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Good news on the divvy. I'm glad she's alive - I really enjoyed your ride reports and pics from beautiful Romania and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them in 2018.
Hate the winter too! However, this years' may be not so bad, as I hope to pick a decent Transalp this weekend. If that happens I may even feel brave enough to visit your country and see some of those nice places myself 8-)
'96 Seca II
Matt

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us