Throttle

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
sublemon
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I've been working on and off my '92 Seca II for a while now and have had it to the point where I am using it to commute(regardless of weather) almost daily. I've managed to work out most of the issues and everything appears well but I've started noticing a bit of a problem when I ride a little more aggressive. If I try to flog the throttle everything goes great until I'm close to full throttle, the bike goes from a high pitch whine to a low rumble and feels like the acceleration has dropped...regardless of rpm.
About up to 80% throttle it works as anticipated, more throttle more acceleration, but beyond that it feels very lackluster. This doesn't seem to be a huge issue until I start to hit highway speeds, if I have the need to blip the throttle past 6000 rpm quickly the bike feels like its running closer to 2000 rpm. I can go about 50% throttle and ease my way up which is fine in the higher rpms, but if I hit it to hard I feel like I'm just crawling.

I've cleaned the carbs thoroughly, and have rejetted them. I haven't had the chance to make a manometer to balance them yet.
One of the problems has to do with the speed of light and the difficulties involved in trying to exceed it. You can't. Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-HHG

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login