Starter woes...

Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, etc.
draco751
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Region:: Orlando, FL
Motorcycles:: 93 SECA II

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:20 pm

So I need to replace the gear that the starter motor directly spins inside the case it connects to. According to the book it's the Idle Gear. Anyone ever done this before, or know if it's going to take a complete tear down to get to? I have a bad feeling it's going to. :???:

EDIT: Oh man! Looks like an in depth search on the old forum answered my question... :grenade:
http://seca2.forumup.org/viewtopic.php? ... orum=seca2
If I only had an hour to live I would spend it at work, because in there an hour feels like an eternity.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region:: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles:: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 pm

How did this end up turning out? I know you split the cases. Did everything go back together alright and could you post the parts which required replacement. Unfortunately, this is a somewhat common problem.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region:: Tucked in the Corner
Motorcycles:: 92 Yamaha SecaII // 14KTM 200XCW

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:50 am

Hmm... If Thats the amount of work it takes to repair a starter gear i think Id try to retrofit a kickstart :???:
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian
draco751
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Region:: Orlando, FL
Motorcycles:: 93 SECA II

Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:36 pm

radare wrote:How did this end up turning out? I know you split the cases. Did everything go back together alright and could you post the parts which required replacement. Unfortunately, this is a somewhat common problem.
Just posted up the gear I finally got today over here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=510&p=3631#p3631. I will be begin the reverse procedures tonight to get my bike back together. Wish me luck! lol
If I only had an hour to live I would spend it at work, because in there an hour feels like an eternity.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us