CermaKrome Exhaust

Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, etc.
1Oldman
XJ600 Master!
XJ600 Master!
Region:: West Coast
Motorcycles:: 1993 Yamaha Seca II

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:29 pm

My newly CermaKromed exhaust from Techline Coatings and applied by Electro Tech Coatings, San Marcos, Ca. Tho not quite as nice as a new, pristine set of Delkovic Stainless Steel pipes, it's an affordable alternative. This cost me $200. There are pros and cons which I'll cover in another post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSADRXo07EM
DSCI0410 [DVD (PAL)].JPG
DSCI0411 [DVD (PAL)].JPG
DSCI0412 [DVD (PAL)].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Better to be over the hill than under it.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region:: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles:: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 pm

I really like the look of that, 1Oldman. Looks like the chrome pipes the XJ's in Europe had fitted. Do you think it'll hold up on the headers?

I am getting ready to repaint my exhaust and mufflers (my girl has scratched them up with her shoes). Do they do a black coating?
1Oldman
XJ600 Master!
XJ600 Master!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:45 pm

radare wrote:I really like the look of that, 1Oldman. Looks like the chrome pipes the XJ's in Europe had fitted. Do you think it'll hold up on the headers?

I am getting ready to repaint my exhaust and mufflers (my girl has scratched them up with her shoes). Do they do a black coating?
In my formative years of riding everything of any quality was chromed. The only things that had painted wheels and exhausts were military bikes, some police bikes, and postal trikes. That being said I lusted after those European Divvy's chrome exhausts but couldn't justify spending $400-$500 on an exhaust system for a bike with a book value of $1500. As I became more fond of my scooter, tho, I thought I might be able to justify the $200 that this cost. How it will hold up, only time will tell.
Tech Line also makes a stainless steel coating that can be done by the individual. They also have a variety of coatings in about any color that you want.
http://www.techlinecoatings.com/hi-perf ... tings.html
katastrefo
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Looks really good Oldman. According to the tech line website it should hold up for a looooong time too... probably until long after the bike has rusted away around it.
1Oldman
XJ600 Master!
XJ600 Master!

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks, my big concern is rock chips since it's supposed to be ceramic. 'bout time to check valve clearances and the tune with the air/fuel ratio meter but it's still running great from last time even tho the exhaust should be running hotter due to the ceramic containment. I get all jazzed now when I walk out and see those shiny pipes. :grins:

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us