Seal & O-ring Specifications

Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, etc.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Front wheel, right-hand seal: 25x40x5

Front wheel, left-hand seal: 45x56x6

etch
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Suffolk, UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 Yamaha XJ600 Diversion

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Intake manifold o-ring: OEM runs around £6 each, but is just a plain o-ring. I suspect it's a JIS S-38 which is 37.5mm ID and 2mm CS, but I've put in 37x2mm and all seems good and snug. Make sure you get Viton/FKM.
'If you get stuck, always use your spanner muscle - strongest muscle in your body, that'un. Where's that, eh?' *taps forehead* 'Tis up 'ere, you plonker'

etch
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Suffolk, UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 Yamaha XJ600 Diversion

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 am

Replaced the large o-ring behind the oil filter plate when I did my oil change. The packet came labeled: 87 ID 4mm CS.

There are two identical rings if you have an oil cooler - one between the oil cooler collar and the engine, and another against the oil collar in the aluminium plate. To change both you need to undo the take the oil cooler pipes off, then the oil filter, and undo the union bolt (needs a deep socket, 22mm irc)
'If you get stuck, always use your spanner muscle - strongest muscle in your body, that'un. Where's that, eh?' *taps forehead* 'Tis up 'ere, you plonker'

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:29 am

etch wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 am
Replaced the large o-ring behind the oil filter plate when I did my oil change. The packet came labeled: 87 ID 4mm CS.

There are two identical rings if you have an oil cooler - one between the oil cooler collar and the engine, and another against the oil collar in the aluminium plate. To change both you need to undo the take the oil cooler pipes off, then the oil filter, and undo the union bolt (needs a deep socket, 22mm irc)
We didn't get the oil cooler here in the US so the o-rings may be different for the Seca II models. But good note on the Diversions.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us