She's Having Work Done! FZR Fork Conversion

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

Prompted by a recent clutch cover leak and sticky rear caliper, it's time to do the overhaul on the XJ's running gear. The plan: FZR600 forks and wheels, Shinko Podium tires, R6 front brakes, new swingarm and V-star shock. I have progressive fork springs, an FZR1000 fender (will need modification) and an FZR600 front axle on the way.

The first step is to tear all of this apart and recondition it. For the forks, I'm using the FZR's lowers with the XJ's uppers. For the wheelset, new paint, new rotors, new bearings and new seals. The R6 brakes (bluedots) will be disassembled and resealed. And let's not forget, the clutch cover will be resealed with a new gasket and the rear caliper will be overhauled as well.

I'm hoping that all of these bits add up to a bike that rides a bit more stable at speed, handles the bumps with less wallow and holds on a bit better in a curve. More to come . . .

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login