Roar to the Shore (Wildwood NJ)

Join a riding challenge, meet other XJRiders, or find a new road.
Renegade
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: NJ - New Jersey
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1993 Yamaha XJ600S

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Today I was lucky enough to have my sister remind me that Wildwood's annual Biker Weekend (Roar to the Shore) is coming up this weekend; Sept 8-10.

As Wildwood is just moments away for me, I will be going up during the day. Does anyone live close to Wildwood and/or going this weekend?
Renegade
"In the day we sweat out on the streets of an runaway American dream,
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines..."

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:49 am

Renegade wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 pm
Today I was lucky enough to have my sister remind me that Wildwood's annual Biker Weekend (Roar to the Shore) is coming up this weekend; Sept 8-10.

As Wildwood is just moments away for me, I will be going up during the day. Does anyone live close to Wildwood and/or going this weekend?
I'm not anywhere near you, unfortunately; take some photos and tell us about it.

XJLiverpool
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Northwest, Liverpool, UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 Yamaha XJ600S (seca II)

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:10 pm

I love motorcycle rallies and get together's. Amazing like minded people and beautiful bikes, what more could you ask for, sadly I am a looooong way over the water Renegade, have an amazing time and I echo what Radare said, "Take some photos" :)

Renegade
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Well Biker weekend has come and gone, and i must say I was quite disappointed by it.

Normally the weekend is very Harley loaded, but with a good amount of import and sport bikes as well. This year........not so much. A handle of GSXRs, a small handful of Ninjas, a few Busas, a couple Katanas, a coupe CBRs, one rat-bobber Virago, and one black and red XJ600s. And then hundreds and hundreds of Harleys. Not that there is anything really wrong with a harley...not my taste, but hey... but when you walk past 20 identalical Ultras in a row... oh sorry: that one had silver bars, not black... Yeah, you get the idea.

So low was the love in fact for Yamaha, that I only found ONE Yamaha pin. No shirts, no patches, ONE SINGULAR pin. In years passed this was an all inclusive thing...

Major let down. But I did enjoy at least being around a buttload of motorcycles. Sadly I didnt take any pictures because, as the idiot that i am, i left my phone sitting on the pinball machine in the garage.
Renegade

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Well, thanks for the show report. Yeah, some of the bike rallys I've been to lately have been heavily slanted towards the HD's. My Yamaha was one of the few import bikes. I definitely understand about the "20 identical Ultras"...
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

Renegade
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Yeha, I mean Harleys have never really been my taste; they are nice looking (some models more than others) but when they all are so much the same, it does make you wonder a bit.

I figure most rallys will be heavy on the HDs, they are the most popular brand by far, it has never been so heavy in the past. A couple years ago they actually had a big pavilion tent of a few vendors all selling parts for metric bikes. Not this year.

I would try to check out the Ocean City MD one this weekend, but time is really tight with work. I might try to see if there are any meet-ups in the DC area in the beginning of October; would be nice to spand some time with like minded fellow riders
Renegade

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us