Anyone hear of an XJ making it up the Dalton to Dead horse?

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
mvk24
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey guys, so outside of the Bike Life I'm routinely trying to do things that others say cant be done. I like an underdog and whether it's hiking/climbing locations, Equipment Brands that are underrated, physical extremes.. I just get a kick out of doing shit normal people don't want to or wouldn't do. That being said at a bold 23 years of age I have been touring the North East on my little 1981 kz440 Ltd belt drive. No windscreen and a half helmet which is gaining some attention from riders here on Long Island calling me crazy... but it can be done! and I am comfortable doing it.

So here's an adventure idea in the back of my head. My neighbor and good friend has put more miles on a Shovel Head (let alone adding in the other 14 bikes over the years) than anyone I've ever known. You name it he has probably owned and definitely ridden it. The next big one we are trying to put together is taking 2 wheels up to Alaska from Long Island, NY. To then take the Dalton Highway all the way up through the arctic circle to Dead Horse and back... Now even he who will tour with me absolutely anywhere on any bike is 100% committed to me needing an adventure bike to make that trip. Flat out there is no belief another bike will make it as most have failed.

However... I'm thinking it would be one hell of a trophy for Seca riders if I can make that run with my XJ. The biggest problem that comes to mind is lack of long travel suspension. (aside from the bike not being 100% as of yet) short of blowing fork seals before I even make the halfway point do you more experienced guys have any more insight or opinions on the idea of taking my XJ to the most dangerous road in the world (or there lack of a road) and making it back? Even if it becomes a monument in the arctic circle for those to pass it would be one hell of a story! :thumbsup:
G0051515.jpg
P7031685.jpg
P7031701.jpg
G0021394.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login