XJRider Treasure Hunt

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

[center]Image[/center]I would like to introduce the XJRider.com Treasure Hunt. I have hidden a treasure of XJ specific parts somewhere in the continental United States and have posted a clue to the treasure's location somewhere on this site. Find that clue and it'll start an Adventure that will lead you and your XJ to a hidden treasure providing many a memory along the way. Follow a path that I, myself, have taken. Join me on an amazing race for XJ parts. Find it if you can.

A treasure you say. I'm listening! What's in it?
Great question. Since this is an XJ specific treasure hunt, the treasure is packed full of XJ specific parts, including:
  • A set of reconditioned Seca II carburetors (as new): These carburetors were featured in the carb-cleaning how-to and are fully cleaned and rebuilt using new seals, o-rings, jets, needle-valves and hardware. They will be the perfect compliment to the K&N filter, below. They have been tuned and are ready to install on your XJ. Don't want to spend the money fixing up a set of nasty carbs? Find these.
  • A brand-new K&N air filter, direct fit for the Seca II.
  • A brand-new genuine Yamaha oil filter & three quarts of Mobil1 10W40 motorcycle oil.
  • A set of NGK CR8E spark plugs.
  • A belly pan and new-in-box (NOS) hardware. This lower cowl has been primed with 2k primer and is ready for paint. The hardware is new-in-box and rare as rare can be. If you ask nicely, I may even paint the belly pan for you.
  • A black FZ6R rear shock absorber. This shock is a direct replacement for your stock shock and is in as-new condition. It compliments your stock suspension perfectly.
  • A set of Radare's headlight brackets and a 7" round headlight. These brackets are used during a naked conversion and are a bolt-on affair, allowing fitment of the 7" round headlight. These were part of a prototype run and are the last set on the planet. Use them for your naked conversion or sell them to a forum member.
  • An FZR600 rear wheel with a good 150-series tire fitted.
  • The last XJRider.com keychain on the planet.
  • The last pair of XJRider.com stickers, also on this planet (there are still some available on Mars but it's a trip).
  • A six-pack of Left Hand Brewing Company's Milk Stout beer - to celebrate finding the treasure
  • And last, but not least, radare's help in installing all of this on your bike
If you were to buy these parts (if you could find them all), you would be out nearly $1200. I say this because I want to illustrate the value of getting out and finding this thing.

Where is the treasure hidden?
Well, I can't tell you that. But what I can say is that I've hidden four clues to the treasure's location and that these clues are out in the real world in places that are accessible on an XJ. I've hidden them in places that are important to me and have some special meaning. These clues are sequential, meaning that once you find the first, it'll lead you to the second and then to the third and so on, ending with the treasure. At each clue site, I've hidden a token. To find the treasure, collect the three tokens. They will lead you to the treasure.

What can I expect from the hunt? How long will it take?
Well, that's a difficult question to answer. The first clue to the treasure's location is hidden on this site, in Plain sight. Once you find that clue, it will lead you on a journey to discovery of subsequent clues and new destinations. The clues are hidden across several states though the treasure is centrally located. The first clue is the hardest to find and once you are out on the road, subsequent clues will be direct, giving you the specific location for each and ultimately the treasure location. A GPS app for finding actual GPS locations might be helpful. If you are clever and conveniently located, you might be able to find it in a weekend's worth of riding at Radare's pace.

Are there any rules?
Nope. No rules. The goal here is to get you all on your XJ's, out of your day-to-day lives and out exploring this wonderful and expansive country. I want you all to stand where I've stood and see what I've seen. Put your eye where my lenses have been.

How will I know when I've found the first clue?
Recall those words previously read as they will lay out your path. A journey whose notion began the day following the Great Independence. When you've found it, you'll know it. As with any good treasure, X marks the spot. Or in this case, X on the forty-five. And for our northernmost friends, it'll cost you nearly twice as much. From there, follow the memories preserved with light.

Can you give us any more hints?
We shall see how this progresses. Discuss and I shall guide.

I think I know where the treasure is. How do I get it?
The treasure's location is spelled out in the last clue, using a combination of the clue and the tokens gathered. Because of the size of the treasure and the delicate nature of the parts, not all of it is at the treasure's location. Some of it, or, well, most of it, is stored elsewhere. I have hidden tokens at each of the clue sites, along with the clue. To fully claim your treasure, you must provide me with all of the tokens.

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login