Life with the xj6

Share the ride report whether it be a day ride or a world trip.
Maddy
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Devon
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 xj600 diversion 2000 xj600 diversion

Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:16 pm

Well having had the bike for about 3 weeks now ( 2 really lost a week on a family holiday) I can truly say what a cracking bike it is!!!! I've done about 500 miles on her now and it's all day comfy and has more than enough grunt, only getting about 165 miles to a tank which is a little less than expected but at only £15 to fill it that's not bad!!!!! Due to recently changing jobs, I now run a motorcycle showroom, and have a 50 round trip everyday it's fair to say that the xj is fitting in well with its new duties.

Will put some more pics and another report up when I've spent some proper me time on her :)

Slartibartfast
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Helensburgh, Scotland
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1999 XJ600N
Great Britain

Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:00 am

Glad your enjoying it!

I get about 150-160 before going onto reserve and my riding is mostly town/twisty A-roads
Nelsonmd wrote: My 4runner on the other hand... I decided she needed to be a girl only because I spent so much time underneath/inside her, I didn't want to think of her as a dude...

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Sounds good, keep us updated. This sounds like it might be my next bike.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

Maddy
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Devon
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 xj600 diversion 2000 xj600 diversion

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Ride to work at 5:30am was miserable, wet and foggy, the roads were greasy but the xj was surprisingly stable even at high speed (70mph) on the motorway with side winds it was perfect!

I would highly recommend it to anyone best bike I've ever owned and I've had a few.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93