Ammvio's Crash

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
ammvio54
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

This past Wednesday I was coming home from work; I went to turn off of the state route my parents live off of (I'm living with them for the summer) and a semi rear ended me while I was riding my bike. The rear frame got wedged into the grill of the truck and the rear wheel got pinned under the bumper--luckily this somehow kept my bike upright as the semi came to a stop some 800 feet down the road. Even more luckily, after being knocked out from hitting my head (thankfully I had my helmet on) I stayed on the bike.

I ended up staying at the hospital for 2.5 days. I somehow escaped the accident with only a broken left shoulder blade, broken rib, and a small cut on my spleen, from the rib. I didn't get any burns or scraps, since I stayed on the bike.

Here are some pictures my dad took of the bike. Along with that, my helmet was cracked in the back.

I'm just happy it wasn't worse, as it could have been a lot worse. The semi driver was cited for not maintaining a safe distance.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login