Mini Ride Report

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator

As the title says this is a very short ride report, I was off work the other week so I took a ride out to
http://www.papermilllock.co.uk/
It's only about 25 miles from my house but I'd never been there before, very pretty place
Here are some photos

Parked next to a couple of Triumphs ( a Bonneville and a Thruxton ) very nice :)

this one is a DSLR photo, all the others are from my cell phone

On the way back from the lock I stopped off at these old "Pill Boxes" left over from World War II, I pass by these regularly and don't usually give them a thought, so I decided to stop and check them out :ponder:

This land owner is using this pill box to make his Political thoughts known on the remain or leave referendum :???: ( European union )

I went inside this one, it was a bit smelly in there, well it's been there over 70 years

This is another one about 1/8th of a mile away, there are a few more along this road

"This casemate is of type FW3/24. During World War II, these bunkers were used for the defense of the United Kingdom against a possible enemy invasion. They were built in 1940 and into 1941."

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login