Hot day inland, perfect for cruising the north coast until..

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Tag7768
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Its been pretty warm around here, and no wind to boot. So I thought I'd cool off with a nice ride out towards bodega bay, a 30 mile ride out to Hwy 1. I armored up and hit the road. The bike was running great and I'm getting the feel for her now. The first thing I noticed was that the rattle was way less than before. The time spent uninstalling the bailing wire holding the fairing to the bike and redoing all the connections was well worth the time!

There was very little traffic moving out to Two rock, but no relief from the heat, I stopped into the two rock deli for a sandwich and beverage and off I went. great twisty road into Bodega bay, but I kept going north towards Jenner. along the way I hit a pothole, not too big but still a good shake. I stopped to chat with the painters at Portuguese Beach

I was looking the bike over when I noticed oil dripping from the right front fork. yikes!
I tested the bike and it seemed to be okay so I headed on to Goat rock state park. super nice twisty roads all the way

I found a one lane dirt road that ran down a bit to the surfers beach. Time to dirt test the bike. it handled fine, I kept it slow and steady on the way in and a little faster on the way out. I had wiped the fork down back the road and checked it again nothing major to show as far as seepage goes.

I headed inland along the russian river, finally it got cool running through the redwoods.

I decided to stay with the rural road theme and head back through bloomfield. BAM! another pothole, another gusher.
It looks like new oil seals are in the cards.
I headed home nice and cool from a great ride. I ordered some parts, and tore off the fairing I just put back on, as well as the rest of the front end.
At least the ride was great, more motivation to dig into the project.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login