My first Run on the Marin backroads

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Tag7768
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So just go t the bike about a month ago and starting to get the feel of her. I've dubbed her Rattle and hum. Friday I took her out the back roads of Petaluma towards Marin. They just paved a twisty road perfect for working out the power bands. It was a great ride and the bike felt great! I'm still learning so the speeds were on the slower side of what that road usually sees from motorcycles. That said I learned a lot and am getting more comfortable with the handling. headed out to Tomales bay on hwy 1. Beautiful this time of year.

However checking things out afterward, the chain tensioner end stock on the chain side had a crack running vertically to the nut! yikes. I think the axle nut would have held things in place, but it looks like I'm down til I can get the part.

So with no riding, I decided to remove the fairing and reattach it. it was held on by about 4 bolts and (literally) bailing wire.
Thanks to Redare for the great write up on how to do it. I think I remember a post about putting sound deadening material to help quiet the bike, but can't seem to find it. any help out there?
thanks,
Tom

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login