Ridin after the rain

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Full Circle
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So I have kind of an unwritten rule. If it's pouring rain when I'm packing up for work in the morning, the bike stays in the garage. Nothing to do with riding in the rain, that's happened plenty of times, although I really don't enjoy it. Actually, shouldn't say that, it CAN be fun, but, for me, not really in a downpour.

So yesterday there was a drizzle, but it had been thunderstorming most of night. No prob, bike it is. My poor F150, I come home most nights and sweep the cobwebs off 'er, seriously, no joke.

Anyways, I hop on the bike, my usual route, which, by the way looks like I picked it by dropping a ruler on a map :(

...right, my usual route, last stretch before work it's a longish, straight road, no side streets and leads pretty much right to the parking lot. Wouldn't you know it, the city decided to tear up the road...overnight...to add bicycle lanes. Again, not a big deal, my "new" lane is over on the stone shoulder but of course, it's not really stone anymore after the winter snow removal and the rain from the night before, it's more like mud caked hard pack. So I'm bootin along, not really concerned, come to the end of the "new" lane and have to hop over a pretty serious edge trap..no prob. I park the the bike, shut 'er down, grab my gear and glance back at the bike as I'm walking away...

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

lol, have a great day everyone! :thumbsup:

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login