Casper plays in the Jemez

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock

A few more pictures, short report this time.

Just north west of me we have Jemez Springs, Fenton Lake and Valle Caldera. There is a wonderful looking gravel road that I want to try out soon and a set of fire roads that run parallel to NM 4 that I want to do as well.

https://goo.gl/maps/fwHAf

Just over 200 miles with amazing weather.

I started the day jaw jacking with a bunch of old. retired military riders over breakfast and then headed north to the meet up spot. The skies were completely clear, there was a very slight breeze and the temperature with the gear I was wearing was perfect. Rendezvoused with my ride companion and off we went.

US 550 was boring as normal with nothing really to say about it and then we got lucky with very little traffic on NM 4. I have done NM 4 many times and enjoy it thoroughly, this time we turned off onto NM 126. I had never been on NM 126 to Fenton Lake and although we passed Fenton Lake, I didn't see it. (It's a fair sized lake, just not visible from the canyon we were in.) I got these pictures from a gorgeous campsite off of NM 126:

Short break later, we headed back to NM 4 instead of continuing into the gravel that leads to Cuba. (My ride companion doesn't enjoy gravel or off roading, so we avoided it.)

NM 4 has a couple really fun, really curvy sections and a legitimate 10 MPH hairpin (less going downhill) that I just love. We had to take a short break in order to give the car in front of us some distance. (Not so much fun following someone going too slow to lean.)

Lunch consisted of a house salad with thousand island (nothing special) and an Elk burger. I liked the elk meat taste, but don't think it appropriate for a burger.

After our late lunch, we headed back the same way and we stopped to take a look at Valle Calderas. I posted some pictures of the area a while back in my trips showing Petey around, but here are a couple from a different area of it. (Valle Caldera is massive!)

That's all for today's ride, does anyone have any requests for picturesque things? (Mountains, Streams, Bridges, Plains, Long Straight Roads...)
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login