Romania trips

Share the ride report whether it be a day ride or a world trip.
MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: Romania
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 YAMAHA XJ 600 N
Romania

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:55 am

After weeks of intense work at the office i felt the need to go on get some fresh air from the mountains, and what better way to do that than on a motorcycle?! Not just any motorcycle but the xj. So i hear we have another road, almost finished, in the area, that some say its like TransAlpina and this is called Trans-Semenic. So i take the wife put her on the back of the bike and onwards.. to the mountains. We stopped in Resita for lunch and a break. I tell her the fun is just is about to start (you have to say it so she keeps going). So we left the city and the twisted road begins passing thru the forest, air starts to be a bit colder and cleaner, first leaves start to fall, autumn is coming.. nice.
I decided to stop at Valiug dam, after we admire the views and lake for and relax for a bit, we continue the journey, not knowing how the road will be from there on. It starts with new asphalt some tight corners going along a river and then it opens up in the valleys with very tight U turns and S-es wow what a road, its the most twisted road i have been on, so twisted that someone could not keep the food inside and let it go in the middle of the road! It does not have scary drops but it has the corners and lots of them and no car traffic, i saw like 5 cars on the road. It has 2 unfinished 50meter sections but soon they will finish them. We reached the destination and turned around the same road. Overall it was a good ride, my wife loved it, she was scared a bit at the beginning but she got used to it and started to love it ;) . Its a very good road to study riding techniques, i made improvement in braking and cornering and she is not scared of corners anymore so it was a WIN :)
I hope this autumn to ride more of the country roads and if u like i can make more ride reports and even take pics.
I only wish i ran into this site sooner because with the information here i got the bike running like it should and as i wanted it and now i love it.
You can check the road on the link https://www.google.ro/maps/dir/45.28043 ... !3e0?hl=ro
Ride safe
1997 XJ600N Diversion
-(rusted inside)Marving Master 4 in 2 exhaust system
-DID X-Ring Chain 520 VX-Gold 110 Link
-Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips

Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Region or State: Motor City (MI)
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 XJ600, 2006 SV650

Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:34 am

So jealous, would you go back and take pictures? :thumbsup:
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:55 am

Wow, sounds like you and the wife had a good time. Yes, more pictures next time. :clap:
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

MattP
Formerly spr1
Region or State: Silesia
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1996 XJ 600 Diversion
Poland

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:32 am

MichaelX wrote:
I hope this autumn to ride more of the country roads and if u like i can make more ride reports and even take pics.
Yes, please! Romania has so much to offer in terms of twisty roads. Would love to see some pics and more reports.
MichaelX wrote:
You can check the road on the link https://www.google.ro/maps/dir/45.28043 ... !3e0?hl=ro
Ride safe
Bookmarked for future, when I finally get to visit your county :)
'96 Seca II
Matt

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:31 pm

I took a few pics with my crappy phone but dint have the data cable at the office, here goes
Before i left
My new mirrors hehe
And a quick stop along the road
First time i see this sand with golden flakes in it
1997 XJ600N Diversion

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region or State: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: BMW R 1150 GS
Netherlands

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:53 pm

Wow. As I said before. I need to come to Romania. ;)

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:46 am

arnehulstein wrote:Wow. As I said before. I need to come to Romania. ;)
You should come, 3 years ago i made a road trip to Netherlands, Amsterdam and that was the best trip i took, i guess as farther away from home you go the better the trip is, who knows ;)
spr1 wrote: Yes, please! Romania has so much to offer in terms of twisty roads. Would love to see some pics and more reports.
:thumbsup:
I ordered new touring gear for me and my wife and it should be here next week, hopefully the rain stops and we shall go on another trip and i will take more pics :thumbsup:
1997 XJ600N Diversion

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:51 am

I haven't posted anything lately here but i took alot of trips, day trips night trips long and short, offroad trips etc but all the pics are not good so no pics, sorry:(
About the gear its awesome, cant feel the wind or get cold in it. Anyway last night i went on a short ride and i noticed the back end would slip (even on the previous ride it did that) and the bike turning... i thought it was my wife moving in the back but she said she was not moving. Then weak braking on the back and still the bike was feeling like its slipping started to feel more often so i decided to go home. Got home, parked the bike on the center stand and took a look at the rear tire and brake and then i saw it! The chain alignment stretcher thing (the piece at the end of the swing arm) was missing and the wheel was way out of alignment. Good thing the chain stayed on the sprocket. So now im looking for that piece or a different swingarm with wider wheel hehe :)
1997 XJ600N Diversion

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Tue May 26, 2015 3:01 am

Last trip on autumn 2014
And i was searching for a cottage to eat some good food, but as i always do i took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up somewhere in the forest :quiet:
1997 XJ600N Diversion

predrag80
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1998 Yamaha XJ600S

Tue May 26, 2015 4:00 am

Nice trip and route. I might be joining you next time, if i manage to rebuild my bike.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us