Romania trips

Share the ride report whether it be a day ride or a world trip.
MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Region or State: Romania
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 YAMAHA XJ 600 N
Romania

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:14 am

A trip to Muntele Mic (Small Mountain) where there is a Monument Cross and a nice twisty road :thumbsup:
On the way

WOW this phone camera takes crap pictures, sorry
1997 XJ600N Diversion
-(rusted inside)Marving Master 4 in 2 exhaust system
-DID X-Ring Chain 520 VX-Gold 110 Link
-Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region or State: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: BMW R 1150 GS
Netherlands

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:53 am

Looks like a nice ride though. ;)

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:09 am

Last week on a Thursday morning i set on my longest trip so far. Not knowing much about where we where going, and how long the trip will be, i set off to meet my brother and a friend who where waiting for me 100km away. It was a beautiful morning, road was almost free of cars, just me on my bike and the road, perfect! So about and hour and some minutes later i meet with them and off we went, brother on his Suzuki Bandit GSF1200 leading and his friend on a Honda Transalp 650 and me following.. We took the road mentioned above in this post, Trans Semenic but now it was finished, and perfect to learn how to lean in the corners or rounding the tires :D. Leaving that road behind we reached Baile Herculane, once a beautiful thermal resort, now some part of it was left to ruin, and some part under restoration and the only tourists where old ppl in speedos near the thermal pools along the road :o but still worth visiting for the architecture and statues . After passing thru we stopped to get some fuel, eat something and stretch for a bit before heading further. After eating we rode further into the mountain, a road carved in rock and thru forests where i managed to stop and take some pics (only ones in this trip tho).
This road goes to Baia de Arama (Copper Bath) city and after that the plains start with was a bit plain until we get to Targu Jiu where the road takes you thru the valey, on the left a river and on the right a railway carved into the mountain rocks just beautiful... well except the road was under construction! Atleast we got to admire the view while waiting for the lights to go green. Upon exiting the valley we got to Petrosani where we stopped for a coffee and to check the weather as it was getting cloudier and started to rain a little. 30 min later the rain stopped and off we went, 10 km after leaving the city a heavy downpour started and we stopped at an abandoned gas station on the side of the road to wait it out. It only lasted 15min and it was sunny and nice until we got home.
80 or so km later my odometer turned to 40 000 km! 4 km later we stopped at Sarmisegetusa a small town with the ruins of the capital and the largest city of Roman Dacia read here for more:P https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulpia_Tra ... mizegetusa
From here on it was just straight roads until we got home. Here are some pics i managed to take with the crappy phone
1997 XJ600N Diversion

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:12 am

1997 XJ600N Diversion

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region or State: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: BMW R 1150 GS
Netherlands

Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:24 am

MichaelX wrote:Last week on a Thursday morning i set on my longest trip so far.
That sounds like a great trip. And some very nice pictures.

MichaelX wrote:
... and his friend on a Honda Transalp 650

... well except the road was under construction!
But I never heard of a Transalp rider that stopped for road works. Most of them just go off road and plough on. ;)

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:01 am

Took a ride today to some ruins and a valley road towards Retezat national park, nice road but its still autumn/wintery out there.
I forgot the Canon i got at home but i took some oil painted pics with the crappy phone lol.
1997 XJ600N Diversion

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:25 am

This Saturday i went for a ride, headed south towards Anina with the intention to go to Danube river but 40km into the ride i see 5 riders taking a break so i stop to say hello and they invited me to join them as they where going my way to Bigar waterfall so i said sure, why not, ill leave Danube for another day. So off we went.. I was there before with the car but on the bike its epic, the road twists and turns thru forest then cliffs on a side and river on the other, beautiful!
Here we are at 45th Parallel north where the waterfall is.
And the epic waterfall
On the way home we took the Trans-Semenic road and halfway thru the road it became covered with sand bleh... had to slow down and then in a left-hand corner i hit a patch of sand and front slides then grips but my direction was towards the wall and more sand. Used back brake a bit to slow down but it started sliding on the rear as i hit the sand on the outside of the curve so i let go and i put my left leg down and drag it on the road with the bike leaned a bit to try to steer it away from the concrete wall but still not enough and then it started gripping as i was no longer on asphalt but in the concrete ditch covered in sand and somehow i managed to change the direction towards the asphalt away from the wall... close one! Had to stop a bit to.. take another pic:)
I then took it slower towards home. Got some gas in my hometown and leaving the gas station i noticed it sounds different, louder, hmm, i stop and i see the exhaust pushing the dust from underneath the bike. That little hole i had in the exhaust is now allot bigger. But at the end of the day I was happy and cant wait to go again soon.
1997 XJ600N Diversion

predrag80
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1998 Yamaha XJ600S

Mon May 02, 2016 12:58 pm

I'm so gelouse of you! Can't wait to finish my bike.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars
Romania

Tue May 03, 2016 11:01 am

Don't be, my bike is starting to break down:S. I think i need a carb clean and valve adjustment. Hopefully i can find someone to fix the muffler soon:)
1997 XJ600N Diversion

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images