Casper's trip to Colorado Springs

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock

Did the maintenance the night before and wrote up my planned route.

Started off bright and early with my kick stand up at 6 AM. (This photo was taken in the dark with the camera lightening the photo.)

Stopped just after the turn off for NM 4, Jemez Springs.

Farther up the road.

Welcome to Cuba.

Just north of Regina.

There was an awesome 13 mile stretch of NM 112 that was pure dirt that was well groomed. Easily went over 60 with street tires without worries.

Here you can see some of the beauty stretching for miles.

El Vado Dam, 10 feet wide at its widest and they made sure you wouldn't get stuck on it by putting concrete barriers 9.5 feet wide at each end.

Somewhere near the Colorado, New Mexico Border along US 64

Please ignore the thumb, my bad... Pegosa Springs, stopped to see if I could get lunch.

My breakfast view.

That was a nope on lunch items, only breakfast served at 10 AM... snack of a cinnamon roll.

Heading through Wolf Creek Pass.

Keep going and you have the option to turn off onto a dirt road leading to Lobo Overlook. (About 12000 feet.)

Yes, I did ride my bike onto the walking trail...

The other side.

Passing through Del Norte.

Awesome collection of geeps in Saguache at the Gillette's Trading Post.

Somewhere along 285 North, you can see the clouds collecting.

Attempted to stop for a quick snack in Johnson Town, but received horrible service at Coyote Cantina. (Waited 15 minutes and no drink order or menu brought to a table I was placed at by the hostess. I walked out and went on my way.)

Where I came from.

The cantina looked nice and seemed to by a popular spot to eat at.

Where I was heading to.

Drenched, soaked through and through. (The clothes in my pack were wet when I went to change later.) But still a fun ride into Colorado Springs. Stopped at McCabe's Tavern for a quick Hot Toddy and some Scotch Eggs to warm my insides back up to normal operating temperature.

My cozy little bed for the night.

KSU @ 8:30 AM back home as I decided against a day of playing if I was going to get drenched again.

Went straight to Pueblo as I had enough gas and found an awesome place for food called the Hangar.

Raton pass was fun, but not really that curvy. I was riding I25, so no more fun pictures. (I hate the interstate.)

My last stop of the trip in Las Vegas for fuel and to stretch my legs.
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login