Casper's weekend trip to Portland

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock

No bike this time and I appologize ahead of time for the camera photos.

Haven't seen my dad for a while, so randomly one day I asked him when would be a good time for him. Timing worked out to be my spring break and he could get some work off to hang out with my brother and me.

Now, my brother and I knew better than to hang out at his house too much and be dependent on him for transportation, so we got a hotel and a rental car. (I really should say rental cars as we exchanged them daily to play with other toys.)

Toy 1, a new model Dodge Challenger:

I am a tall guy, my brother is tall at 6'1 and my dad is tall at 6'2, it was funny watching the three of us stuff ourselves into the car.

We drove around for a while in the day time, went out to Crown Point and Multnomah Falls. No pictures as I hadn't started taking them yet. Had dinner with my dad, his spouse and her family, then went driving through Portland some.

Portland loves these cranes and the phone gave a pretty cool effect with the lighting.

Pretty cool lighting from the Moda Center.

Went back to the hotel and hit the sack.

The next morning, we went into the car rental place and swapped it out for toy number 2:
Late model Dodge Challenger.

Drove around for a bit and stopped at Foster Burger for pretty good burgers and decent fries.
This gorgeous burger you are licking your lips over is a double patty lamb burger with brie cheese and the signature Foster Burger sauce. (A very simple fry sauce, but they tried to hype it up.) In the far corner you can see a little of our Garlic Parmesan Fries with a Squid Ink Aiola. We ate the fries and after trying the Aiola, left it alone.

A toy that I would have rather been on...

I got a small smile...

In the distance here, you can barely see Mt. Hood. Tall enough and accessible enough for year round skiing.

Dinner was at Red Robin with nothing interesting to report...

Next morning, (11 AM) my brother and I went wandering again and found the Trufflehunter. Here we split two amazing sandwiches and each had a cup of Clam Chowder and Garlic Parmesan Fries. I present a Reuben with Corned Beef and Turkey (delicious) and a Monte Cristo (to kill for), each half was essentially a full sandwich and was heaven with every bite. The Clam Chowder was amazing and the Garlic Parmesan Fries were even better than the day before.

More goofing off with my father in the Charger.

Late afternoon we received a phone call from the car rental place saying they had the Camaro we were asking for, toy number 3:

More goofing off and dinner time.

After flirting some with the night auditor at our hotel, we asked her for some good food recommendations and was pointed to a small place called Pok Pok. Here we had Boar meet with a spicy sauce, mustard greens and sticky rice. Very, very delicious and we had a good conversation with the bartender there. He told us it was spicy and after saying that we come from New Mexico, he joked that it would mild for us.

Last morning, we traded in the Camaro for a Buick Lacrosse and we all hated the car, but it was comfortable enough for a drive over to Tillamook. We left late afternoon and I was able to snap some interesting shots for you guys.

Tillamook Bay

Screw the pond, we will build a railroad track through it.

Spare caboose? Nah, visitor information center!

Fun little covered bridge over the oh so busy two lane road for the small train station.

Tiny food stand for sale, want some bay front property cheap?

We drove out to Tillamook for some oysters and other delectables. We went to a place called Pirates Cove just north of Tillamook on 101. Here we had the best Oyster stew we have ever had and I thoroughly enjoyed my food.

All went well, we headed back to the hotel and left before sunrise the following morning. The sun greeting us as I was fast asleep, I was awake for maybe 2 minutes of the 3 hour flight.
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login