MOzark's Racing Logs

Share the ride report whether it be a day ride or a world trip.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Region or State: Tucked in the Corner
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 Yamaha SecaII // 14KTM 200XCW

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Sorry to dissapoint, but I was unable to compete in the 100 miler this year. Due to Thanksgiving holiday plans, travel distance to the race site, and partially the nasty weather I did not race the 100 miler.

The next race is Blue Holler juat west of Branson, it is one of the closer races. The race ia December 13th race report to follow.
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Region or State: Goes, Netherlands
Motorcycles Owned Currently: BMW R 1150 GS
Netherlands

Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:20 am

MOzarkRider wrote:Sorry to dissapoint, but I was unable to compete in the 100 miler this year. Due to Thanksgiving holiday plans, travel distance to the race site, and partially the nasty weather I did not race the 100 miler.

The next race is Blue Holler juat west of Branson, it is one of the closer races. The race ia December 13th race report to follow.
I bet that you are more disappointed than we are. ;)

MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:18 pm

Luckily, the wait for the next race was short.
Last Sunday was Round 3 of the Hillbilly GP hare-scramble series at Reed Springs MO.

My hands didn't give out on me this time, but everything else did... It was a challenging race to say the least. Although the temperatures were mild at 65 degrees, it rained all day. Rain does all kinds of interesting things to these courses. I had a great time, and the next race is this weekend! It is supposed to be mid 50s and sunny. Perfect riding weather!

I haven't had a lot of time to edit and add commentary to video, but this one was worth it!

Here it is GoPro Footage from Round 3 of the HBGP harescrable series. LETS GO MUD RACING!!!

phpBB [video]
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator
Region or State: UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '99 Yamaha XJ 600n
Great Britain

Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:55 pm

Another great video Mo, I'm really enjoying these onboard vids with the commentary :)
shame about all the crashes, but the conditions were horrible and would suit a four stroke more than a two stroke ( four strokes tend to "dig in" better in those slick wet conditions ), don't get me wrong I'm a massive fan of two strokes, I grew up with them and all my early riding was on two strokes ;)
One small tip ( not a criticism,.... I couldn't even last half a lap...lol ) It would be useful to use a little more clutch at slower speeds, to keep the bike from bogging and stalling ( I know... easier said than done )
slipping the clutch ( to get back in the power band ) is a two stroke thing !!

Really looking forward to the next race, GOOD LUCK Mo :thumbsup:

MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:44 am

A lot of times that's what i am doing but theres a fine line between dissengaged, a slipped clutch, and fully engaged. And when I get worn out I get lazy and finesse goes out the window.... really i just need better fitness lol... but easier said than done :) .
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:26 am

Woo-hoo! The last race was an absolute BLAST! It was the best day of Racing I have had since RD 6 last year. When I say Racing I mean it this time it was a race to the checkered flag. The competition this year is fierce and the C class is Stacked with better riders than years past. Probably because all the classes are faster this year, or so it seems.

I have video from the entire race to edit, and I am waiting on all the pictures to come in. All I can say is this report is going to be great! Stay tuned.
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Netherlands

Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:03 pm

You make me very, very curious... ;)

MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Here's the video report from the last race. I have pictures too but I will post them later.
phpBB [video]
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler
Netherlands

Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:18 am

Nice race. :)

Does this farm make money off the race? I mean, that is a huge amount of land to just leave barren like that. Or is there some other way they are making money off those fields?

Casper
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Almost as Awesome as Murdock
Region or State: Motor City (MI)
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1994 XJ600, 2006 SV650

Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:48 pm

The US government will pay land owners to leave the land unmaintained and unused in an effort to keep mother nature more natural in farming environments. Useful for animals and critters to live in an unstructured environment without having to close down massive areas of land.
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93