what made you stay with your XJ?

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
juststeven
New to XJR
New to XJR

I just bought my 93 Seca II about six weeks ago. I paid 1100.00 for it and it has been everything I wanted and more. I just brought it into my local shop for a tune up and once over, and they recommended a few things. Nothing major, just new tires, chain, fork is leaking etc. It could also use a new paint job. All told, everything would go for about 1500.00. I feel the shop is on the level, as they recommended that most things could wait a few thousand miles. I guess my dilema was, should I spend the money on an old bike, or sell my Seca and use they money for a down payment on something a little newer? I have decided to keep my Seca. Obviously, anyone who can operate Google can find reviews on a Seca, and most people seem to feel that they are a great beginner/intermediate bike. I am wondering, what made you stay with your XJ after your skills progressed?
Myself: my Seca just feels "right." That may be a crummy explanation but it's true. I like its styling, there is enough power when I want it, and its comfortable ( my wife will ride it with me. she didn't think she would want to be one some of the other bikes that i was thinking of upgrading to: suzuki sv650 or Yamaha FZ6 ). Am I wrong for wanting to sink some money into her?

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login