Yellow stopped running this morning

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
MisterX
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

I hopped in Yellow this morning for my daily commute. The bike started up fine, ran like a top, and then took me down the road like a scalded cat. In other words, an average morning. However, when I got to the traffic light to turn on the main road, the bike started running rough. Really rough. Really, really rough. And then it died. After a couple of tries, I was able to get it started again, but it was still running badly. I gave it some gas and it died again. Nor would it start back up. Luckily, there was an empty lot across the road, so I hopped off my bike and pushed it past all the waiting cars.

No matter what I did, I couldn't get Yellow started. I checked the fuel lines, looked for any exposed/burnt wiring, everything I could think of. I even checked to see if it had gas in it. There was; I heard it sloshing. Not much, but enough to...

Awww! Dur!!!

I flipped the petcock to reserve, started the bike, and continued on my way to work.
Full Circle wrote:She's a wee bit damp. Nothing that a quick warm up won't take care of.

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login