My ( UK Based ) American adventure ! ( pictures added )

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator

Hi Folks, On my previous ride reports I've always tried to capture a bit of "Englishness" :)
http://www.xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1402
http://www.xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1497
..... but today I'm gonna do a complete "U Turn" just to show everyone how "American" England can be ;)
So on my ride today, I snapped photos of my bike next to some American owned or American themed establishments, that are commonly found over here ( I'm sure there are a lot more, but these few where all found within 10 miles of my house ) It just goes to show, we are not that different :thumbsup:

ALL STAND FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHAM !!

God save our gracious Queen!
Long live our noble Queen!
God save the Queen!
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

OK lets get off on the right foot, I needed petrol/gas, sooo.....

then straight into the obvious ones....

It was difficult to get close to this "Subway"

Taco Bell is still quite rare in the UK, this one is in a Mall so I could'nt get my bike in the shot, just my helmet........... and no that's not my meal on the table, it's just that no one has cleared the table yet ...*tut*

It's not just ALL about the food :)

I don't think these last two are American owned, just American themed

Edit: Here are a couple of Bonus photos from my trip to Southend-on-Sea today, didn't go on the XJ ( Family trip :) ) so no bike in the pic's

"New York"

And the "Coca Cola" Truck delivering to "Las Vegas"

Edit..Again !! : OMG, I can't believe I didn't get these two on my original report, as they are both just around the corner from my house "Oops"...... so I went out and snagged them last night !

And YES we have Wal Mart in the UK ( well sort of, they bought the British supermarket "ASDA" a few years ago )

So has the UK got more in common with the US than you thought ?

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login