Took Yellow out for inaugural ride

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
MisterX
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

This morning while I was at work, I was thinking to myself, "Self, what would you rather be doing? Right now, at this very moment?"

The answer, of course, was to be out riding Yellow. Not sitting at a desk doing the clickety-clickety thing with a mouse. So I texted a friend of mine (sorry jerkface works from home) and invited him to hit the hills. He gladly accepted. With that, we took off to some of the better, curvy roads in the area.

Other than riding back and forth to work, and a a couple of quick runs around the local area, this was the first time that Yellow has been out and about. Since I was the one who took the bike fully apart and then put it back together again, I initially took it easy. You know, just in case something fell off.

How did it do? It did fantastic! Granted, this bike will never really win any races, but after the carb rebuild/tune up, the bike runs solid and is very responsive. It can definitely reach killing speeds fairly quickly (I got it up to 115mph with little effort... shhh! Don't tell). The only thing that I didn't like was the squishiness of the rear shock. Then again, I forgot to adjust when I put the bike back together. Easily remedied. Other than that, I fully enjoyed the ride and am beyond happy with this bike. It handled the 150 miles of backroads with ease and like a champ.

Oh yeah. My friend (the sorry jerkface who works from home) owns a BMW S1000RR. Suuuuper fast bike. Lazy bum hasn't taken the track plastics off of it yet. Sorry jerkface...

Full Circle wrote:She's a wee bit damp. Nothing that a quick warm up won't take care of.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login