Got a little lost today...

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Full Circle
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

...but thats never a bad thing when you've got lots of time, and supposedly lots of fuel.

Today was the last day of my holidays, finished up a bunch of work this morning and decided I'd go for a ride. I've found a nice little scenic route along the river that takes me about an hour or so to complete. It's not twisty by any means, but it's nice scenery, and lots of sweeping curves, maybe a couple tight corners. I call it my "practice route" as it's got a bit of everything, except traffic, I see enough of that during my commute.

Well, I got to the end of the river where I usually turn and take a different loop back, only this time I thought I'd go exploring. There's a KOA campsite about 40 minutes from my place that we've stayed at and I remembered the roads were pretty nice, same kind a deal, sweeping curves, some tight, well paved, I went for it.

I found the campsite and cruised on by. My goal was to come home a different route, one that I had taken before. I guess I missed a turn or something because after a while I suddenly realized I was deep in the middle of farm country, and didn't recognize a thing. I came to a T-intersection, surrounded by 10 foot high corn stocks, couldn't see a thing so I pulled out my phone to get a route back home. It was a pain in the arse having to pull over and keep checking the GPS though! Add to that my trip meter was reading about 250 km and from commuting, I was going to have to hit reserve around 260. I was a good 70 km from home and not sure how far to fuel.

I'm quite happy to report that I did make it to the station without having to hit reserve, I found one only about 20 km away.

All in all it was a great ride, sunny day, warm temps and I learned a couple things.

1. I need either a phone mount, or a tank bag with a map pocket that I can see my phones gps from.
2. My bike apparently loves to cruise, I got my best tank with this round trip 200 plus km ride. 4.1 l/100km or about 57 mpg.
3. I need to stop and take some pics once in while...sorry, next time for sure.
4. I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to go back to work!

Ad

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login