That was freakin awesome! Warning: Newb Alert

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Full Circle
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Been chompin at the bit all day, finally couldn't take it anymore, left the lab at 1:00. Really only 2 hours early but I still needed to get out...

For those of you that aren't following my build, I got the bike inspected and licensed yesterday, couldn't get out though as the rain started shortly after I got back, then bbq, then kids activities; blah blah blah, I know, I'm just full of excuses ;)

Well...NO MORE EXCUSES! Got home grabbed my gear, it's a hot one here, 31C but apparently feels like 40C with the humidity. Who could tell? Not me, cause I was cruisin along in my rev'it air. That is one good mesh jacket, does exactly as it claims, lets the wind right through!

...since this is the internet and maybe you can't really tell my true feelings right now, think kid in a candy store, (insert your team name here) just won the Stanley Cup, Super Bowl, FA Cup...

...and in case you have no idea why I'm so excited

[center]MY FIRST REAL RIDE IN OVER 20 YEARS :Mozarkrider:[/center]

The bike seemed flawless, but what the heck do I know, it's been way to long. What I can tell you is the bike was super stable, no buzzing (thanks to a few things in the how to kill the buzz post I'd assume), smooth acceleration in all gears and when I wanted to go, she responded. I tried slow acceleration, fast, high rpm shifting, not a single hesitation and smooth throughout the band, now if I can only get her to look as good as she feels :oops: Soon though...very soon. Brakes reacted well through hard and slow stopping, I had put in 15w fork oil because of all the post saying the seca's like to dip, guess that did the trick.

My only surprise was cruising along and coming out of some dense tree cover. I guess the wind had picked up at some point because it tried REAL hard to blow me into the oncoming lane, but i persevered (Ya... I'm pretty impressed with myself). Strong head wind for the final stretch too. I could feel it in my shoulders a bit but my head didn't really feel that much pushing, and the bike seemed to cut right through.

Got a couple waves from some other bikers, sports and harley's, looks like I'm with the IN crowd boys!

Here's what she's looking like right now.

Still gotta sand and re-paint the front fairing and put the belly pan on. If you look at the top left corner of the fairing you can see the blush.

Not 100% sold on the bra, sometimes I like the look and sometimes I don't but it did save me from laying a good scratch across the tank because I left my keys hanging out of my pocket. It stays for now. Today I like it. We'll see what it looks like once the paintings done.

@MisterX, lol
MisterX wrote:The itch to be done started a little over a month ago. It's pretty much turned out to be a full blown rash now.

You can have this back now, thanks for letting me borrow it ;) ...I hopefully won't be needing it, until next spring maybe :ponder:

Apparently I've discovered the cure...

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login