Just Been Disqualified From Riding

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
yamahaman
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I received a letter of intended prosecution in October 2012. I was allegedly doing 38 mph in a 30 mph zone (according to the mobile speed camera REVENUE van which are known for being notoriously inaccurate). I contested this straight away explaining that i was certain that i was not speeding. I sent many letters disputing the alleged offence. I asked for a certificate of calibration for the speed camera used at the time, i was sent a calibration certificate with no proof that the same camera was used when i was allegedly speeding. I also contested this and received an explanation that it could only be answered in court. 7 months later i received a court date. I did not want to go to court because of the likelihood of getting more points endorsed and/or more fines. I then pleaded guilty to the offence explaining that i had just passed my test and was on a unfamiliar road at the time of the offence. Get this, i received another letter a few days later with penalties of a £745 fine and 6 points to be endorsed on my licence (disqualified if licence held for less than 2 years) for "FAILING TO IDENTIFY DRIVER". Now, because i didn't fill in a part of the plea form that basically said that i was the one riding at the time of the offence i have automatically been banned! Even though i responded to all correspondence with regards to the incident and in the mitigating circumstances i explained that it was me.

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login