Golly's Adventures

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Golly
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Sooo.... this is where I give you some boring info on my little noob adventures ahahah... :grins:
Naaa... anywhoo, this was my official first ride out with my "shadow" as I am on "L" plates for my licence.
My mate has just picked up a brand new Triumph Street Triple yesterday, and came over to show it off and
head out on a ride. Had an ole faithful leather jacket in the cupboard, so chose this to start me off

We chose the path attached, its approx 25-30km starting in the urban residential area
leading into the commercial then crossing a major outer highway then into the hills and twisties.
The hills were a new thing indeed, with guidance from Tom, learning which line to take when taking sweeping
right handers and left handers. Because I am a large fella, he advised me to stick to the middle or left of middle
on the right handers and opposite for the left, as traffic coming over crests can be on the dead middle and I could
get taken out either way. Good thing I heeded the guidance as a hoon in a Nissan 300zx came flying around a bend
on and just over the middle line and I would of been toast hahaha... I really loved the ride out and look forward
to many more learning experiences. My Vapour gauge is shit! quite frankly, speed only registers when the throttle
is on and then it ranges from 0 - what eva I am doing at any given moment haha..
The bike handled really well considering I am 125kgs, Tom said it did not bottom out at any stage and stayed really
stable on road, he looooooooves the exhaust sound and said it sounds really good. I swear the bike needs a 7th gear
as its quite loud in 6th and about 70kmh hahahaha, too scared to go any faster at this stage. And with me being a large
bloke, the wind hits me full on being a naked setup haha.. love it though. I am going to look into fitting a more naked
bar setup like Toms shown, his feels really natural for my height, I found mine had my wrists on a weird angle, so will
be looking into that soon too as well as either ditching my Vapour or fitting a new one..... Any suggestions of Brands
of gauges, as I like the digital looks.

So, that is ride #1 guys, hope ya like my noob outing information.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login