Free at last in the frozen tundra

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
lwd
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Well I had the day off today and was left without proper adult supervision (aka the wife was at work) and the weather today is beautiful and sunny....... Its also 33 degrees F right now which oddly enough is tshirt weather here in Wisconsin right now. It started off harmless enough......."Hey I should just push the seca into the driveway and maybe just start her up just to make sure she will be ready for riding season"..... moments later I was trying to coax the poor frozen smurfette into life and after a little convincing she was sitting there just purring.....ahhhhhh sweet music that I have been depraved of for so very long....."well now that I've got her running I should really make sure she can still shift and move on her own......ya know just to be safe"............and after a very long warm up(for impatient me as i get spoiled with what seems to be one of the quickest starting secas under normal conditions) I was able to pull out of the driveway and at first it was like "oh I'll just swing around in the culdesac.........oh I suppose to the end of the street wouldn't hurt......oh well just once around the block.....ok I've lost all feeling in my hands and may lose them to frostbite in the 5 minutes I've been out lets head back to the house". Well I made it back to the house and left smurfette running in the driveway because I wanted to let her run a bit so it wasn't run for 5 min and shut it right off to sit for who knows how many weeks......and I missed the sound :) .........Well....I kinda went right in the house and threw my gear on as quickly as I could and ran back outside and rode around for a short but gloriously beautiful and exciting ride. I did get a couple of confused looks from people I rode past..but then again I get those looks a lot..... But God was it beautiful and just so stress-relieveing and fun and exciting(the little secas still get out of their own way when coaxed) and and and........perfect. Well it wasnt an epic road trip or a track day or anything too exciting by normal standards but man did I need that after being cooped up and off the bike since I rode it up to our new house this last December first lol (I had a very difficult time putting it away then especially since I hadnt been commuting for a couple weeks before that) My wife has been accusing me of suffering from PMS(parked motorcycle syndrome...a very real and serious issue :draco751: ) I think this has at least taken an edge off my withdrawl symptoms :cruise: Well seeing as I dont have a fancy GoPro and I'm not real bright with computers or cameras :crazy: you guys will just have to settle for a couple pictures I took with my phone of smurfette sitting in the driveway giving me that naughty "come ride me" look that she's always giving me.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login