Petey turns over 1000 miles on Slimtech's bike.

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
slimtech
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

So I've had Petey for waaayyyyyy too long. mostly because I was trying to get my fork seals replaced and finish my front fairing project so i could have a windscreen to ride a long distance to meet the next member. stuff came up, haven't replaced fork seals, haven't finished front fairing project.

to keep things moving, I plan on mailing Petey out to the next member this weekend.

Petey has been riding with me 5 days a week since i picked him up a little over a month ago. when i picked him up from azman in Casa Grande, AZ, Petey watched my bike turn over 15,000 on our way to Avondale, AZ (home). and today I knew Petey was going to get to watch me turn over 16,000 so I took a ride to someone I hadn't been before. Today Petey and I rode to Gila Bend, AZ.

Gila Bend is not known for being anything but a gas station stop on the way to San Diego from Phoenix. It's a pretty small and poor town. But seeing as how I live on the west side of Phoenix, I decided to take a ride out to Buckeye, AZ (a town about 30 minutes west of Phoenix, and considered the western edge of the "West Valley") then head south about 30 miles.

The weather, perfect. about 70°F when we headed out, low 80's when we returned.

stopped to air up my tires before heading out. both were very low. shame on me for letting that happen.

paused in Goodyear, AZ - made famous for cotton fields used in the tires. just can't get over how nice it was today.

Along the way I pulled off to take an older highway which is now used exclusively to get to and from farm land and solar panel fields.

Once in Gila Bend, Petey and I stopped for gas. the gas pump handle was apparently broken, got stuck and i spilled gas all down the left side of my bike. first time doing that.

nothing worth taking pictures of in Gila Bend, but on my way out i passed the airport (looked all but abandoned) and took these shots...

not much stopping on this trip, had to get back to pick my son up from Kindergarten. but the weather was great, scenery was magnificent. It was a nice reminder of why i live in the southwest. Been having rough times and this was much needed therapy.

Thanks for hanging out with me these last 1000 miles Petey!!!!!

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login