Missouri Ozark Revealed

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Picture this.... Winding corners, wooded state parks, deep valleys, and every now and then huge clearings..... That is Missouri Ozark Country. This past weekend a few my buddies got together and explored this territory once again. However, we were not alone (da da daaaa......) eerie sounds.... lol Just kidding 3 of us were riding two up with the girls. The other one is getting a divorce, nuf said...
anyway I will start by saying what everyone was riding... we had Kyle and his girl on the Yamaha FZ1, Paul and his friend on the FZ6, Me (Brian) and my girl on the Seca, and Paul's recently married friend was the brand outcast on a Kawasaki Ninja 250..... Heres a pic of the starting point....
1119111238.jpg
The two in the front are kyle and his girl... they have matching jackets and helmets SO CUTE!!! lol... :x
The one in the white jacket is my girl sarah...
The one with the blue bike behind mine is paul...
and the last one is the ninja rider you cant see it but his helmet has a Red Mohawk

For November the whether was very mild that day at 60-65 degrees and overcast. Here is a picture of our ride route. It gets dark around 5:15 so we started at around noon.
Ride Route.JPG
Route BB between St. James and Rolla can be a little dangerous It is where I went down with my blast! on some loose gravel after a rainstorm. Although it can be dangerous it is a fun little route close to home. The route shown above was actually not the original route. The original route was 4.5 hours with a lunch break but when we made it to Salem for our lunch break the girls told us they were cold and wanted to go home.... Imagine that.... anyway here was the original route plans....
OriginalRideRoute.JPG
Ok now that the background is out of the way now its time for ride details...
The Missouri Ozark is beautiful in the summer with lots of clearwater streams and rivers, but in november everything kinda gets grey and bland, but that doesnt mean the roads get any less fun. The state highways around my house are packed with twistys and many different complex corners. There are many snaking roads with moderate hills. There are some parts of the Ozark that are mountain like but we were not riding through those parts. The ride time to get to those places is a full days ride through the backroads.
This particular day we were fighting 30-40 mph winds which were fine when we were in the wooded areas but we hit that stretch along the outer road of I44 and the winds were downright brutal... we stopped in steelville for a quick bathroom break and I put on my warmer gear. I wore my vented gloves and no headgear but brought them along in case I got cold... After I put those two items on, toasty :kudos:
The roads were just cleaned from a recent rainstorm. but not so recent that there was debris... and between snaking roads and off camber turns it can be dangerous but it makes it fun as well. About halfway between Steelville and Salem i noticed my speedometer was not working anymore... We stopped to eat at a Pizza Hut in salem... one of the guys mentioned that they had found my problem when and pinted out the cable dragging on the ground.... It turns out that my speedometer cable fell off under my dash.... after a quick fix everything was A ok even though my header melted the outer cable casing.... Also along with melting things my girlfriends boots got melted to the mufflers on both sides of my bike :lol:
Inside the Pizza Hut it was fun to catch up on the memorable moments of the first part of the ride....
The ninja guy and I started doing some weaves at about 30mph and sarah appearently doesnt like weaves.... the ninja guy was behind me and cought on camera my girlfriend slapping me for weaving with her on the back... The footage from the ride is not in my possession yet but when it is I will share it... We also saw the nations largest rocking chair.... and luckilly no deer since it was the last weekend of deer season in missouri.
After Pizza Hut we raced up hyw72 (not litterally) because SECA v. R1 not a contest....
It was a good time to interact with the other riders in a flat stretch of road with a high speed limit.... passing each other... and waving at the camera and then seeing the 250 ninja come squeeling by lol.....
it was all fun and games till the R1 displayed his larger displacent ruling and showed us that our 600s and 250s are just childs play things.... it was all fun and games and no one was driving recklessly... there is another group in rolla that does... they invite all kinds of people on thier rides but no one rides with them cause they rarely see double diget speeds :o and almost every ride someone goes down.... Anyway I have rambled enough for one post When I get the ride footage I will post it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MOzarkRider on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

This topic has 93 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login