An English Spring Ride

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator

Well finally, A decent bit of weather :thumbsup:
so time to blow the cobweb's away, I decided that I would photograph some typical English scene's
so here is the story

I came across this "thatched" cottage
It looks beautiful, but they are high maintainance, they need "re-thatching" every 10-15 years

This crop ( oilseed rape ) is very common in England, it has these bright yellow flowers in the spring, and the smell alway's reminds me that Summer is just around the corner
And a view in the other direction, across the farmer's fields

Then while on the lookout for more "English" stuff, I stumbled across this little gathering, I had no idea that this event is held every year ( I was talking to some of the guy's who organised it )
It was mostly old british bike's

but there was also a bit of Americana

and a bit of Italian exotica

and of course the obligatory Divvy, this one was filthy

Then on to the "olde English pub"........... no I didn't go in ;)

This church is really old, not sure exactly how old, but I would guess 500 years plus
Oooooo.... look at my reflective rim tape in this one !!

Stop with the English "stereotypes" already !!.......... Ok just one more, the famous red phone Booth
These things are getting VERY rare now ( I saw 3 in people's gardens, they bought them from the phone company, as they were being phased out )
But this one was actually on the street corner, and was in a very bad state of repair :(

All in all a good couple of hours riding, it's just nice to see the SUN again, and let's hope the weather stays nice for the rest of the summer :kudos:

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login