Just got laid off, what to do?

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
capd323
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Fix up my new bike of course!

It's current condition
Yes, I had an oil spill.

So far I've pretty much just been unscrewing things, but I've run into a couple problems. I've never worked on a bike before so maybe someone can help me out.

I looked into the fuel tank with a flashlight and noticed the main inlet tube that goes into the petcock had somehow come loose and was laying on the bottom of the tank. I drained the gas, pulled the petcock off, and turned the tank upside down to see if I could get it down to the gas cap where i could get ahold of it. Unfortunately when I did that it seems that it got lodged somewhere and I'm not able to shake it loose, nor can i see where it is lodged. What part of the tank would it most likely get stuck in? if i had an idea of where it was it might make it easier to dislodge.

I can lift the Airbox off of the carbs without loosening any screws, is this how it's supposed to be? When i reinstall it after doing my carbs I'd like to know if i should keep it that way or not.

One more question, I could not find a master link on my chain, I checked the entire length of it on both sides and i did not see a clip on any of the links. Is there something else I should be looking for or am i going to have to break this one apart?

Thanks for any help you can offer. I was hoping to get everything done this weekend but now im not in such a hurry since I've got a month off work. :Mozarkrider: Have to wait on adapters for the carb sync to get here anyway.

This topic has 22 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login