Found a neglected stray. But i have a heart.

Every XJ is a project whether big or small. Tell us about yours.
GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Houston, Tx
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 97 seca II

Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Been a while since I have been a productive member since I migrated to this forum, from the old one. I can be wordy, soooo no back story on me for now. All I can say is the time is right. :)

Saturday, I will be picking up a complete shitpile of junkyard forgotten SECA II. It wont be rideable for a long time. But it's a start to a "start".

I will be receiving pics of it soon. ( i spotted it 2 years ago while making some rounds for my job. Just for kicks i called them recently to see if they still have it. Yup. Unfortunayely (or..FURTUNATELY) they are closing thier doors forever, this saturday. They day I pick it up. ) umm..yaaay me. I get a "motivated seller" a $50 SECA.II....

Spoke with one of the guys, hes sending me the pic of this mes shortly. When i get the pic, i'll post it here.

This could be the longest....or shortest build thread ever. Either way, it will be interesting.:D

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Wow! Looking forward to the story. Since they're closing, It might be time to see if they've got any other Seca II parts too.

Also welcome back to the site! :thumbsup:
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

cafe_bill
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Southern California
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 92 XJ, 96 Buell, 07 FJR1300, 02, 95, 97 Sportsters

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 am

GAU, welcome back!

I can't wait to watch you polish another set of Seca II wheels... :clap:
Bill
'07 FJR 1300
'02 Sportster
'97 Sportster
'96 Buell S2
'89/'95 Sportster
'92 Seca II

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:31 am

Lol.... No no no. No polishing for me this time! Remember that was 100 percent hand polishing, and taken me weeks of real time sanding. Allthough beautiful, never again!

Still waiting for the pics. Only 1 person at junk yard knows what the Xj looks like. And he is currently off the lot. Worst case scenario, ill post pictures of the "forest" to my buried heap.

In other news i got a great deal on an 06 ninja 250! In great shape, just sat a few years.My friend is moving to Costa Rica, and motivated, so I picked it up for $1 per CC ( will use this for my girlfriends first learner.)

Spelling errors for sure. It's bright outside. Please forgive.

TonyKZ1
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast
Region or State: Missouri, U.S.A.
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II
United States of America

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Congrats on the Ninja 250 also, I had an '89 Ninja 250 for many years, ended up running the odometer to 98k miles before someone hit me and totaled it, ie. totaled by ins. co. but still repairable.
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:02 pm

Hey, GAU! Welcome back.

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Posting pics only for now. Im sure some of you have questions, but after I did the write up of the day over there today...i hit "submit"...and it brought me to the log in page :(

No story. Just photos. Lol, and it was an interesting story how I found that 2nd motor by chance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Have to add, for those curious. Tank and front fairings ( not pictured) is from Hyosung Gt 650-R.

Rear piece, i'm not sure what that's from exactly. . Was just playing around with the scraps. I'm quite possibly taking the tank, and lowers. If I do end up using the lowers it will be quite unconventional, but it fits the lines. Explain later.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:23 am

What have I got myself into!

My friends with trucks, are scattered about. Going to tear it down and fit it into my Tiburon. This could be an interesting sight. :lolno:

XJLiverpool
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Northwest, Liverpool, UK
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 1992 Yamaha XJ600S (seca II)

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 pm

I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this rebuild, looks like you've got your hands full but it will be an amazing & rewarding task when it is finally complete Good luck :D

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall

Gallery

About Us

Call to Action:

Forum Images

Ride Relay

Cool Projects:

Predrag's Resto

Renegade's 93